Teacher I Reading/Academic Intervention Support

Hillside Childrens Center
Sign Up for Job Alerts

The Reading Teacher is responsible for providing a success-oriented learning and/or skills-building experience for designated students and demonstrates strong classroom/learning environment and management skills using boundaries and rules to promote students’ self-management and responsibility. The person in this position is an adult role model for students and colleagues in all behaviors including communication, hygiene, and appearance, management of self, response to stress / challenges and in the demonstration of professional relationships with others.


Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:

  • Participates in the development and implementation of the general and/or individualized education program (IEP) appropriate to the developmental needs of the student, through appropriate assessment, testing, direct observation and a review of the relevant records.
  • Effectively evaluates the student’s IEP through individual and/or group learning experiences.
  • Demonstrates specialized knowledge and a strong understanding of various instructional techniques and differentiates instruction to meet the varied learning styles and needs of students.
  • Knowledgeable about state and local education standards to assure that education delivered meets all requirements and seeks clarification as needed.
  • Facilitates student success by demonstrating the ability to provide appropriate expectations and boundaries that promote and maintain a safe environment conducive to learning.
  • Recognizes and addresses aggressive student behavior, and is trained and proficient in behavior management and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) techniques, including the use of physical intervention (holds).

Bachelor's degree in education is required, Master's degree is preferred. NYS Teaching Certification in Reading, Literacy or ELA is required. Candidates with teaching experience are preferred. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.

Previous Job Searches

My Profile

Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.

Go to Profile

My Submissions

Track your opportunities.

My Submissions